In this delicious and amazing recipe, I will show you how long do cook brisket in oven at 275 ºF. I have the perfect recipe with the correct cooking time and temperature per pound.
If you are not used to making brisket in the oven, know that it is pretty easy to do so. It will also ensure the brisket turns out juicy and crispy, just like when you smoke it. But one thing that may confuse you when making it in the oven is the period it should take.
How long it will take to make the brisket in the oven will determine the flavor. Continue reading this article to know how long to leave your brisket in the oven. You will also learn the right procedure you should follow when preparing it.
What is the Best Temperature to Cook Brisket in Oven?
The temperature at which you cook your brisket will determine how well it will turn out. You do not want to cook it for too long such that it becomes so soft. Also, you should ensure you cook it for enough time; otherwise, its texture and taste will be off.
The best temperature to cook the brisket will depend on various things. One major thing that matters is whether you have the time to cook the brisket or not.
Normally the ideal temperature has to be around 225 ºF to 300 ºF. With this range, your brisket will cook well and turn out great. However, the best temperature to cook the brisket will depend on various things.
One major thing that matters is whether you have the time to cook the brisket or not. If you have enough time and want the brisket to take its time while cooking, you may opt to set the oven at a lower temperature. In this case, you can adjust it to 225 ºF.
At 225 degrees, the temperature is pretty low, and it will take some more time for the brisket to get ready. Remember, this temperature is pretty low considering you are making beef, so always aim at between 225 to 250 degrees for slow cooking. But you will end up with well-cooked and juicy meat.
When your time is limited, adjusting the temperature to a higher amount for faster cooking will be best. Here a temperature of 250 ºF to 300 ºF will be enough to get your brisket ready. Your brisket will get prepared quicker and will still be good.
If you want it to cook faster without burning and get great results, always aim for a moderate temperature. A temperature of 275 ºF is always ideal when making brisket. It will ensure it gets ready on time and also turns out great.
How Long Does it Take to Cook Brisket in Oven at 275?
Cooking your brisket at 275 ºF is a great option for fast and efficient cooking. The period it will take for the brisket to get ready will depend on the size of the brisket. You expect that the bigger size of the brisket will take longer than when a small one is cooking.
Usually, it will take close to 6 to 10 hours to cook the brisket weighing between 10 to 12 pounds. It means that it will be about 60 minutes per pound of meat. If the brisket is two pounds, it will take about an hour and a half. If you have more pounds of beef, it will take longer.
So you need to set aside a considerable amount of time when making it. The process will also involve trimming, injection, seasoning, and cooking. Therefore it might end up taking you about 18 to 20 hours to be done with the entire process.
Even though this time seems quite a lot, it is worth it. Cooking the brisket all at once will help you save more time. Also, as the brisket takes a long time to get ready, the better it becomes in taste.
How to Cook Brisket in Oven at 275
- Beef Brisket (The amount you get depends on the number of people you are feeding)
- Olive oil
- Worcestershire sauce or mustard
- Barbecue rub
- Onion powder
- Sweet peppers
- Liquid smoke
- Garlic powder
- Black pepper
Step 1: Preheat the oven
- Start by preheating your oven for a few minutes at 275.
Step 2: Prepare the brisket
- Clean the brisket and pat dry it. Then, Trim the excess fat from the brisket. Ensure not to remove all the fat from it; leave about ¼ inch of the fat. Place the meat in a large pan.
Step 3: Season the brisket
- Rub the brisket with some olive oil on all parts. After this, massage it with the barbecue rub. If you do not have the rub, you can make yours by mixing the onion powder, black pepper, salt, garlic powder, and mustard.
- Then rub the mixture into the brisket.
- You may leave the brisket to marinate for a few hours in the fridge before cooking it; usually, seasoning it a day before cooking is the best option. It will ensure all the spices and the rub get into the brisket.
Step 4: Prepare the onions, peppers, and liquid smoke
- There is not much you need to do with these ingredients. Cut up the onions and peppers in the oven-friendly pan. Then pour the liquid smoke into it. If you have some beef broth, you can also add it.
Step 5: Cook
- Place the brisket in the oven tray. You can place some aluminum foil on the tray then spray it with some olive oil before placing the brisket.
- After placing the brisket, cover the pan with aluminum foil. Allow it to cook at the 275 ºF. Depending on its size, the brisket will cook for about 6 hours or more.
- After 6 hours, you can check whether the brisket is ready. So, please remove it from the oven and uncover it. Then place it back into the oven without the cover and allow it to cook for another 1 to 2 hours.
Step 6: Remove and Serve
- After cooking for 1 or 2 hours, please remove it from the oven and allow it to rest for about 20 minutes. Go ahead and shred the meat for serving.
How Long to Cook Brisket in Oven at 275 per Pound?
If you are making the brisket at 275 ºF, the temperature is enough to make every pound of brisket fast. Each pound may take about 30 to 60 seconds to get ready. Most time, it will take you 60 minutes because of the preparation you need to make.
When making brisket weighing around two pounds, one and a half hours to two hours will be enough. So as the pounds increase, the more time it takes for the brisket to cook.
Can I Slow Cook Brisket in Oven?
You can slow cook your brisket in the oven if you have enough time to do so. Slow cooking the brisket ensures that the outside gets crispy and tender inside. Cooking it at 225 ºF ensures that it cooks well and slowly on all sides.
Tips and Tricks to Improve the Recipe
One most essential thing you should not do when making this recipe is remove all the fats in the brisket. Fat ensures that the brisket remains moist. If you want it with more flavor, be sure to add some more seasoning to it.
And as you cook it, be sure not to adjust the temperature. Trying to speed up the cooking process will make your brisket turn out dry.
Brisket will take from 6 to 10 hours when making them in the oven at 275 degrees. Of course, the time may be a little bit more due to the preparation you need to do before cooking. But you can always adjust the temperature to less than this if you want it to cook slowly.
So, do you already know how long does it take to cook brisket per pound? Please, feel free to use the comments below to share your opinion with us!