Have you ever had the King Ranch Chicken Casserole from The Pioneer Woman? It’s amazing. But it can be a little time-consuming to make. As far as casseroles go, the King Ranch chicken casserole from Pioneer Woman is pretty epic.
I’ve figured out how to make it using only 5 simple ingredients, and it takes less than 30 minutes from start to finish! The recipe is easy to follow, and the result will make your taste buds happy.
So whether you’re looking for an easy weeknight meal or something special for a party, this recipe is sure to please. If you’re looking for a delicious casserole to feed a hungry group of people, look no further than this King Ranch chicken casserole
What is the King Ranch chicken casserole from Pioneer Woman?
The King Ranch chicken casserole from Pioneer Woman is a creamy, cheesy dish that is perfect for a comfort food craving. The dish starts with a layer of tender, shredded chicken that is simmered in a flavorful sauce.
This is topped with a layer of cheesy goodness, and then the whole thing is baked until hot and bubbly. Serve this casserole with a side of green beans or a salad for a complete meal. You’ll be sure to impress your family and friends with this delicious dish!
Is this recipe easy?
This recipe is easy to follow, and the result will make your taste buds happy. If you’re looking for a delicious casserole to feed a hungry group of people, look no further than this King Ranch chicken casserole. Trust me—you won’t be disappointed!
How long does it take to make this recipe?
This recipe takes less than 45 minutes from start to finish. So it takes very little time, you have to follow the steps as explained.
King Ranch Chicken (Pioneer Woman)
- 9x13 inch baking dish
- 1 can Cream of chicken soup (10.75 ounces)
- 1 can Cream of mushroom soup (10.75 ounces)
- 1 jar Salsa verde (16 ounces)
- 4-6 Whole chicken breasts (skinned and boned)
- 2 cups Shredded cheddar cheese
- Tortilla chips, for serving
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- In a large saucepan, heat the oil over medium heat. Add the onion and garlic and cook until softened, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in the chicken and cook until browned, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in the soup and corn and bring to a simmer.
- Pour into a 9x13 inch baking dish.
- In a medium bowl, combine the sour cream, cheese, and chiles. Spread over the top of the casserole.
- Bake for 20 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Let cool for 5 minutes before serving.
Should I use chicken wings, breasts, or thighs?
The great thing about this recipe is that it works with any chicken. So whether you use chicken wings, breasts, or thighs, the result will be delicious. Just make sure to cook the chicken until it is browned and cooked through before adding it to the casserole.
How do I know when the casserole is done?
The casserole is done when the cheese is melted and bubbly. So keep an eye on it while it’s in the oven, and when the cheese reaches your desired level of doneness, take it out of the oven.
Can I add or replace some ingredients?
This recipe is pretty flexible, so feel free to add or replace some of the ingredients. For example, if you don’t like green chilies, you could use red chilies instead. Or, if you want to add some extra protein, you could add some black beans to the casserole. Just be creative and have fun with it!
Tips and tricks for a better recipe
First of all, if you want a thick and creamy sauce, use an extra can of cream of chicken soup.
- You can add a can of Rotel tomatoes with green chiles for a little bit of spice.
- Sometimes, I’ll also add a can of corn or black beans to the mix.
- To make things even easier, you can use shredded rotisserie chicken instead of cooking your chicken breasts.
Finally, this dish is even better the next day, so feel free to make it ahead of time.
12 Side dishes to serve with this recipe
1.Mashed potatoes: Boil potatoes until they are soft, then add milk and butter and mash them up.
2. Roasted vegetables: Peel and chop your favorite vegetables, toss with olive oil and salt, then roast at 400 degrees for 20-30 minutes.
3. Salad: A simple green salad goes well with this dish.
4. Pasta: Cook some pasta and add a simple sauce made of olive oil, garlic, and crushed red pepper flakes.
5. Rice: Cook rice according to package instructions.
6. Bread: Serve this dish with a loaf of crusty bread.
7. Fruit: Serve a fruit salad or sliced fruit as a side dish.
8. Cheese: Grate some cheese to sprinkle on this dish.
9. Sour cream: Top this dish with sour cream for a richer flavor.
10. Guacamole: Serve guacamole as a dipping sauce or topping.
11. Salsa: Serve salsa as a dipping sauce or topping.
12. Cornbread: Serve a slice of cornbread with this dish, and it will just make it yummier.
Can I store this recipe?
- Use an airtight container: An airtight container helps to keep the recipe dry and prevents it from getting soggy.
- Keep it cool and dark: Keeping the recipe in a cool and dark place helps prevent the ingredients from going bad.
- Do not freeze: Freezing this recipe will change the texture and taste of the dish.
- Use within 2 days: This recipe is best enjoyed within 2 days.
- Store in a dry place: Storing this recipe in a dry place helps to keep it fresh for longer.
- Do not refrigerate: Refrigerating this recipe will change the texture and taste of the dish.
- Do not store in direct sunlight: Storing this recipe will cause the ingredients to go bad.
- Do not store it in a damp place: Storing this recipe in a damp place will cause the ingredients to go bad.
Tips for making this recipe a bit spicier
If you like your food with a bit more of a kick, you can do a few things to make this recipe spicier.
First, you can increase the amount of chili powder in the recipe.
If you want to turn up the heat, you can add some cayenne pepper to the mix. Finally, if you want the ultimate spicy dish, you can top it off with some jalapeño peppers.
This recipe for Pioneer Woman King Ranch Chicken is a hearty and comforting dish perfect for chilly winter nights. The chicken is simmered in a rich and flavorful sauce made with tomatoes, onions, peppers, and spices, and it is served over a bed of tortilla chips.
Pair this dish with the following four drinks for a perfect meal.
The King Ranch chicken casserole is a quick and easy recipe that will please the whole family. It’s packed full of flavor, and the ingredients are pretty flexible, so feel free to add or replace some of them to suit your taste. Give this recipe a try, and let me know how it turns out!
Similar Pioneer Woman’s Recipes: