Do you love Doritos? How about chicken? What if I told you that you could have the best of both worlds in one dish, yes this chicken Dorito recipe is outstanding and would just give a party to your taste buds.
Believe it or not, this amazing casserole is called the Pioneer Woman Chicken Dorito Casserole. And it is famous for its vibrant taste and looks.
The freshness of the dish would make your taste buds alive.
Trust me, and it’s worth trying!
Not only is it delicious, but it’s also really easy to make. So why not give it a try tonight? You won’t regret it and would love to make it again and again for yourself and the family.
What is the Chicken Dorito Casserole recipe?
The Chicken Dorito Casserole is a dish that is made with chicken, Doritos, and cheese. It is a simple dish to make and only requires a few ingredients.
The chicken is cooked in a baking dish with Doritos and cheese. The result is a cheesy and crunchy casserole that is perfect for any occasion.
The Chicken Dorito Casserole is a versatile dish that can be served as a main course or as a side dish.
It can be made ahead of time and reheated, making it perfect for busy weeknights.
Whether you are looking for an easy weeknight meal or a dish to feed a crowd, the Chicken Dorito Casserole is sure to please. So, what are you waiting for? Give this recipe a try today!
How long does it take to make this recipe?
This recipe is quick and easy to make and can be on the table in no time. The total time it takes to make this recipe is approximately 30 to 45 minutes.
This includes the time it takes to cook the chicken breasts and assemble the casserole.
Chicken Dorito Casserole (Pioneer Woman)
- 1 lb Boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 can Red enchilada sauce (10 oz.)
- 1 can Diced tomatoes with green chiles, undrained (14.5 oz.)
- 1/2 cup Sour cream
- 1 can Mexicorn, drained (11 oz.)
- 1 1/2 cups Shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 1/2 cups Crushed Doritos
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 9x13 inch baking dish.
- Place chicken in the dish, and pour enchilada sauce and diced tomatoes over it.
- Spread sour cream over the top, and sprinkle with Mexicorn, cheddar cheese, and Doritos.
- Bake for 30 minutes, or until bubbly.
How many people does this casserole serve?
This casserole recipe is perfect for small gatherings or family parties.
It serves 6-8 people, so there will be plenty to go around. The dish is hearty and filling, and it is sure to please everyone at the table. Best of all, it is easy to make and can be easily adapted to your tastes.
Can I use frozen ingredients in the recipe?
Yes, you can use frozen ingredients in this recipe.
I often use frozen chicken breasts, and they work just fine. You can also use canned corn instead of Mexicorn.
The variations can be done according to your choice and taste buds, but try keeping the instructed ingredients for authentic taste.
Can I add or replace some ingredients?
Yes, you can add or replace some ingredients in this recipe. If you don’t like sour cream, you can use plain yogurt instead.
You could also use a different type of cheese, such as Monterey Jack or Pepper Jack. You could add some chopped green onions or jalapeno peppers for a little extra flavor.
Tips and tricks for a better recipe
First of all, if you want a spicier dish, you could add more diced tomatoes with green chiles, or you could use a hotter enchilada sauce.
- If you want a creamier dish, you could add more sour cream or some milk to the recipe.
- You could also top the casserole with chopped tomatoes, green onions, and jalapeno peppers before serving.
- This dish can also be made ahead of time and reheated when you’re ready to eat.
Finally, this recipe can also be easily doubled for a larger group. Just use a larger baking dish and increase the number of ingredients accordingly.
Side dishes to serve with this dish
- Mashed potatoes: the perfect comfort food to go with your casserole
- Green beans: a classic side that goes with just about everything
- Corn: this sweet and crunchy veggie is a great addition to any meal
- Fruit salad: a light and refreshing side that pairs well with the rich casserole
- Breadsticks: a must-have with any Italian-inspired dish
- Roasted vegetables: a healthy and flavorful option to round out your meal
- Macaroni and cheese: because sometimes you need a little extra cheesy goodness
- Potato salad: a picnic-perfect side that is sure to please
- Cucumber salad: a cool and crisp way to balance out the heat of the casserole
- Caesar salad: a hearty option that will fill you up
- Pasta salad: a perfect potluck dish that is sure to be a hit
Drinks to serve with this dish
- Margaritas: Whether you make them from scratch or buy a mix, these refreshing drinks are the perfect accompaniment to this dish.
- Beer: A nice, cold beer is always a good choice with the casserole.
- Wine: A fruity white wine or a light red wine would be good with this dish.
- Sangria: A pitcher of sangria is always a hit at a party.
- Mojitos: These refreshing drinks are perfect for a summer party.
- Pina Coladas: A tropical twist on the classic casserole.
- Daiquiris: Another refreshing drink that goes well with this dish.
- Piña Coladas: A refreshing, tropical drink that pairs well with this casserole.
- Strawberry Daiquiris: A fruity, refreshing drink that is perfect for a summer party.
- Margaritas: Whether you make them from scratch or buy a mix, these refreshing drinks are the perfect accompaniment to this dish
This casserole recipe is easy to make, delicious, and versatile. It can be easily adapted to your taste preferences and is perfect for feeding a crowd.
So next time you’re looking for an easy and tasty dish to make, give this chicken Dorito casserole a try. Also, you can create your taste enhancers, surely it will bring a kick to the taste of the casserole.
Similar Pioneer Woman’s Recipes: