If you’re looking for a delicious, high-protein pancake recipe, you’ve come to the right place! Kodiak Cakes’ protein pancakes are perfect for a pre-workout breakfast or snack.
These pancakes will give you the energy to power through your day. And best of all? They’re easy to make and taste great! Trust us – once you try this recipe, you’ll be hooked!
These protein pancakes are not only yummy, but they’ll also give you the energy you need.
So give them a try today!
What are the protein pancakes from Kodiak Cakes?
Kodiak cakes are a popular brand of protein pancake mix. They are made with 100% natural ingredients.
Kodiak cake mixes are also high in fiber and have a relatively low glycemic index, making them a good choice for those trying to control their blood sugar levels.
In addition to being a healthy option for breakfast, Kodiak cakes are also very delicious and can be enjoyed with a variety of toppings.
It’s easy to make these pancakes at home?
Yes! All you need is a bowl, a whisk, a griddle or large skillet, and some cooking spray. You’ll course, you’ll also need some easy-to-get ingredients.
But anyone can follow the below recipe to make these delicious pancakes.
How long does it take, from start to finish?
These Kodiak Cakes Protein Pancakes take less than 10 minutes to make from start to finish!
They’re the perfect quick and easy breakfast or snack. It is also a great post-workout meal.
What ingredients do I need to start?
To make Kodiak Cakes Protein Pancakes, you will need the following ingredients:
Kodiak Cakes Power Cakes: It is an all-purpose baking mix already packed with protein. You can find it at most grocery stores in the baking aisle.
Protein powder: You can use any type of protein powder you like or have on hand. I usually use whey protein powder, but you can also use plant-based protein powder.
Egg: This will help bind the ingredients together.
Baking powder will help the pancakes rise and be nice and fluffy.
Vanilla extract: This is for flavor. You can also use other extracts like almond extract or maple extract.
Milk: You will need this to thin out the batter. You can use any type of milk that you like. We usually use almond milk, but you can also use regular milk, soy milk, or water.
Optional toppings: Chocolate chips, fruit, syrup, nut butter, etc.
You will also need a bowl to mix the batter, a griddle or large skillet, and cooking spray.
Kodiak Cakes Protein Pancakes
- 1 cup Kodiak Cakes Power Cakes
- 1 scoop Protein powder
- 1 Egg
- 1/2 tsp Baking powder
- 1/4 tsp Vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup Milk of choice
- Preheat a griddle or large skillet over medium heat and coat with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, whisk together all ingredients until well combined.
- Scoop ¼ cup batter onto the griddle or skillet for each pancake.
- Cook for 2-3 minutes per side until golden brown and cooked through.
- Serve with your favorite toppings, and enjoy!
- If you're looking for an extra protein boost, you can add a scoop of protein powder to the batter.
- These pancakes are also great with some chocolate chips or fruit mixed in.
Can I add, remove, or replace some ingredients?
Of course! This is your recipe, so feel free to experiment with it however you’d like.
If you want to add more flavor, try mixing in chocolate chips, dried fruit, or shredded coconut. If you’re looking for a lighter option, you could try using egg whites instead of whole eggs.
And if you’re trying to avoid dairy, you could use non-dairy milk like almond or coconut milk. So go ahead and get creative with it!
Can I store these pancakes for later?
These pancakes are best enjoyed fresh, but you can store leftovers in the fridge for up to 3 days.
Then, reheat in the microwave or on the stovetop before serving. When reheating, you may need to add a little more milk to the batter.
What are the best ways to know whether the pancakes are done?
When it comes to pancakes, there are only two ways to know if they’re done. The first is by touch. Gently press down on the center of the pancake with your finger.
If it bounces back, it’s ready to flip. If it leaves an indentation, it needs to cook a little longer.
The second way to tell if pancakes are done is by sight. Take a peek underneath the pancake and see if it’s golden brown.
If it is, give it a flip. If not, let it cook a bit longer before checking again. With a little practice, you’ll be a pancake expert in no time!
Tips and tricks for better pancakes
Use Kodiak Cakes mix and Waffle Mix for a richer flavor.
- Add brown sugar, honey, or agave nectar to the batter for sweetness.
- Use buttermilk instead of milk for a fluffier texture.
- Substitute vanilla protein powder for the flavor of your choice.
- Mix some fruit, chocolate chips, or nuts into the batter before cooking.
- Top with fresh fruit, yogurt, syrup, or peanut butter instead of traditional toppings.
- Make mini pancakes for a fun and easy way to portion out servings.
- Use a heart-shaped cookie cutter to make festive pancakes for Valentine’s Day or other holidays.
- Get creative with the toppings and fillings and experiment with different flavors!
- Try using pancake mix as a base for waffles or other breakfast foods.
- Use Kodiak Cakes mix to make various foods, including breakfast casseroles, muffins, and cookies.
Get creative with the leftovers and use them in other recipes or as a topping for ice cream or yogurt.
Best things to serve with protein pancakes
1. Blueberries – These little gems are not only super tasty but they’re also packed with antioxidants and nutrients. Just a handful of blueberries will give your pancakes a nutritional boost.
2. Bananas – Are a great source of potassium and fiber, making them the perfect addition to protein pancakes. They’reTheir sweetness will also help offset the savory flavors of the pancakes.
3. Yogurt – yogurt is a delicious and healthy topping for protein pancakes. It’s packed with calcium and protein, making it the perfect way to start your day. Plus, it’s a great way to add extra creaminess to your pancakes.
4. Maple syrup – This classic pancake topping is also a great way to add extra sweetness to your protein pancakes. Just be sure to use real maple syrup for the best flavor.
5. Honey – Honey is another excellent way to sweeten your pancakes while adding additional nutritional benefits. It’s packed with antioxidants and has antibacterial properties, making it a great topping for protein pancakes.
Pancakes are fun and easy to show your culinary skills and impress your friends and family. With a little practice, you’ll flip pancakes like a pro in no time!
And don’t forget to have fun with it! Experiment with different flavors and toppings and get creative in the kitchen.
There’s no wrong way to make a pancake, so go ahead and let your inner chef shine through. Thanks for reading, and happy cooking!
Similar Recipes from HotSalty: