Looking for a delicious blueberry muffin recipe that tastes just like Dunkin Donuts?
This copycat recipe is the perfect way to start your morning!
These muffins are packed with juicy blueberries and have a delicate crumb topping – they’re sure to be a hit with the whole family!
Plus, they’re super easy to make, so you can enjoy them any day of the week!
What are the Blueberry Muffins from Dunkin Donuts?
The blueberry muffins from Dunkin Donuts are light and fluffy with a sweet and tart flavor. The muffins are loaded with fresh blueberries, and the streusel topping provides a perfect finishing touch.
These muffins are sure to satisfy any sweet tooth, and they make a great breakfast or snack. So, if you’re looking for a delicious treat, try the blueberry muffins from Dunkin Donuts. With our recipe, you can enjoy these muffins any time you like.
Can I make these muffins at home?
Yes, you can easily make a delicious batch of blueberry muffins at home with this recipe.
Be sure to use fresh blueberries for the best flavor and results.
How long does it take to make?
These muffins take about 25 to 40 minutes to make from start to finish. They are quick and easy to make and perfect for breakfast on the go or a snack during the day.
They are also great for entertaining, as they can be made ahead of time and served warm or at room temperature.
What ingredients do I need to start?
In order to make these delicious blueberry muffins, you will need:
All-purpose flour: It’s important to use all-purpose flour for this recipe, as it will give the muffins the perfect texture.
Baking powder: This will help the muffins to rise nicely.
Baking soda: This will also help with the rising process and give the muffins a nice flavor.
Salt: Just a pinch to bring out all the other flavors!
Unsalted butter: You could use salted butter, but you might not need to add as much salt.
Sugar: For sweetness.
Eggs: To bind everything together and give the muffins a fluffy texture.
Vanilla extract: For flavor. Feel free to experiment with other extracts, like almonds or lemon.
Sour cream: This is what makes these muffins extra moist and delicious. You could also use yogurt if you prefer.
Fresh blueberries: The star of the show! You could also use frozen blueberries, but fresh ones are always best.
What else do I need?
In addition to the ingredients listed above, you will also need the following:
- A bowl for mixing: You will need a large bowl for mixing the batter.
- A spoon or spatula: For stirring everything together.
- A muffin tin: This will be for baking the muffins. You could also use a cupcake tin if you prefer.
- Paper baking cups are optional, but they make for easy cleanup.
Now that you have gathered the necessary ingredients, you are ready to start baking!
Muffins Dunkin Donuts Recipe
- 1 1/2 cups All-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon Baking powder
- 2 Eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon Baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 cup Unsalted butter at room temperature
- 1 cup Sugar
- 1 1/2 cups Fresh blueberries
- 1/2 cup Sour cream
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour 12 muffin cups or line with paper baking cups.
- Whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a medium bowl.
- Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy in a large bowl. Beat in eggs, one at a time, then stir in vanilla extract and sour cream.
- Gently fold in the flour mixture until just combined. Fold in blueberries.
- Divide batter evenly among prepared muffin cups. Bake for 25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of a muffin comes out clean.
- Let cool slightly before serving.
Will these muffins taste like the original?
Yes, these muffins will taste very similar to the ones you would get at Dunkin’ Donuts. They are fluffy and moist, hinting at the sweetness and a burst of blueberry flavor in every bite.
Can I add, remove, or replace some ingredients?
Yes, you can! If you want the extra flavor to your muffins, try adding a teaspoon of lemon zest to the batter.
You could also add a handful of chopped nuts or chocolate chips!
To make these muffins healthier, you could substitute whole wheat flour for all-purpose flour.
And if you’re not a fan of blueberries, feel free to use another type of fruit, like raspberries, blackberries, or diced apples.
Tips and tricks for better muffins
Always preheat your oven before beginning to bake. For example, this recipe calls for an oven temperature of 350 degrees Fahrenheit (175 degrees Celsius).
- When measuring the flour, use the scoop and level method. This means using a spoon to scoop the flour out of the container and then leveling it off with the back of a knife. Do not pack the flour into the measuring cup.
- To ensure that your muffins are nice and moist, use fresh blueberries that are plump and juicy. If you only have frozen blueberries on hand, thaw them before adding them to the batter.
- Be careful not to overmix the batter. Once the flour has been added, mix just until it is incorporated. Overmixing will result in tough muffins.
- Fill the muffin cups to the top with batter. This will ensure that you get nice, tall muffins.
- If you want your muffins to have a streusel topping, mix 1/4 cup (30 grams) of flour, 1/4 cup (50 grams) of brown sugar, and 1/2 teaspoon of ground cinnamon. Cut in 1 tablespoon (14 grams) of cold butter until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Sprinkle over the top of the muffins before baking.
- To make mini muffins, fill the cups 3/4 full with batter and bake for 15 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes clean.
- For a fun twist on this recipe, try adding some chocolate chips to the batter.
- If you find that your muffins are browning too quickly, tent a piece of aluminum foil over the top of the pan during the last 10 minutes of baking.
- Let the muffins cool in the pan for a few minutes before removing them to a wire rack to cool completely.
- These muffins are best served fresh, but they can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 days.
- Muffins can also be frozen. Thaw overnight in the refrigerator and bring to room temperature before serving.
For a quick and easy blueberry glaze, mix together 1/2 cup (60 grams) of confectioners’ sugar with 1 tablespoon (15 ml) of milk.
Stir in 1/2 cup (80 grams) of fresh blueberries. Drizzle over the cooled muffins.
If you want a more indulgent treat, top the muffins with a dollop of whipped cream or vanilla ice cream.
These muffins are also delicious and served warm with a pat of butter melted on top. Enjoy!
There you have it! Our recipe for homemade blueberry muffins tastes just like Dunkin’ Donuts. We hope you enjoy them as much as we do! If you have tips or tricks for making perfect muffins, share them with us in the comments below. Happy baking!
Similar Recipes from HotSalty: